Swiss investment management company DECALIA Asset Management has appointed Bernhard Utiger as Region Head for the development of its asset management business in German-speaking Switzerland. DECALIA started to tackle the Swiss-German market in 2017 and, through this new hire, underlines its strong commitment to the region. In just a few years, DECALIA has begun to establish itself as an innovation leader by launching thematic strategies and private market solutions that successfully capture promising long-term investment trends.
- With their millions of followers, star athletes boast an ever-greater marketing clout
- Basketball epitomizes the importance of lucrative endorsements – and young talents
- On the court are Nike and Adidas… but also up-and-coming Chinese challengers
The case for circular economy
From linear to circular: our civilization functions with a linear approach in which we draw from a finite stock of raw materials and energy to make goods and services that we then throw away, generating often-toxic waste in a unbridled wastage of resources. This model is obviously not sustainable in the long term.
The circular economy entails a revolutionary way of thinking across the value chain and provides a more sustainable model.
Dans son numéro du 27 mars 2019, le magazine économique suisse BILAN s’intéresse à la question de l’obsolescence programmée et aux entreprises qui ont décidé de proposer un modèle d’affaires plus durable.
Interrogé par BILAN, Clément Maclou, le gérant de notre stratégie Circular Economy, explique notamment que les entreprises qui adoptent les bonnes pratiques seront récompensées par leurs clients.
- Product as a Service – Why purchase a product when you could instead share it?
- A pay-for-use model promotes quality and longevity, rather than volume of production
- Rethinking how products are brought to consumers matters to all companies – and investors
“La consolidation du secteur de la gestion indépendante tarde à se concrétiser. Une dose de réalisme, un peu de souplesse et une vision convaincante peuvent faire la différence.
Avec la fin du secret bancaire, la pression continue sur les marges et l’augmentation du poids de la réglementation, les temps sont durs pour les plus petites sociétés de gestion.”
DECALIA Asset Management is one of the 50 largest independent asset managers in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, according to the first ranking established by reference magazine Citywire Switzerland in its February 2019 edition.
In order to be included in the survey, independent asset managers had to meet the following criteria :
- Hold a FINMA licence or be a member of a recognized SRO
- Operate independently from a bank or another financial services provider
- Offer discretionary management services for private clients
- Be free to choose external products and services providers
The 50 firms with the largest assets under management were then identified and included in the final ranking.
- Streaming media platforms have disrupted the entire entertainment ecosystem – More to come
- With the technology now mainstream, the (expensive) race for content is on…
- Picking the winning content makers will be key… but alternative investments offer value too
During the WealthBriefing Swiss Awards 2019 awards dinner held yesterday in front of 200 members of the financial industry, Geneva investment management company DECALIA Asset Management won three of the four categories in which it was shortlisted. DECALIA received the best external asset manager, best asset management firm serving family offices and private banks, and best fund manager trophies.
- Public awareness of the plastic issue has never been so high – Change is underway
- Reuse, Recycle and Redesign: the way forward toward a “new plastics economy”
- Alternatives to plastic packaging set to regain long-lost market share – Spot the winners
- 2018 was another record year for art auction houses – The hype is real but can it last?
- Art brings welcome portfolio diversification – but it also lacks transparency and liquidity…
- Amid current late-cycle signs, selectivity should overrule speculative considerations
- Excessive animal meat-eating is depleting Earth’s natural resources, beyond being unhealthy
- A more balanced diet, local produce and alternative protein sources are the path forward
- Check out for companies that stand to benefit from this meaty transition
DECALIA has been shortlisted as one of the finalists in four categories of the 2019 WealthBriefing Swiss Awards:
- External Asset Manager
- Best Asset Management Firm Serving Family Offices and Private Banks
- Fund Manager
- Alternative Fund Manager
Showcasing ‘best of breed’ providers in the global private banking, wealth management and trusted advisor communities, the awards were designed to recognise companies, teams and individuals which the prestigious panel of judges deemed to have ‘demonstrated innovation and excellence during 2018’.
Winners will be announced at a gala awards dinner which will be held in Geneva on 7 February 2019 at the Hotel President Wilson.
DECALIA continues to develop its range of funds with the launch of a merger arbitrage strategy. This strategy aims at generating an attractive absolute performance with low volatility, while remaining uncorrelated with conventional assets. Management of the fund has been entrusted to W Capital, a specialist in this strategy with one of the best track records in the industry. This fund is aimed at qualified investors and is structured in the form of a Luxembourg Reserved Alternative Investment Fund (“RAIF”).
DECALIA Asset Management strengthens its institutional sales team by recruiting Truong-Linh Pham. He joins DECALIA after having spent 14 years with Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management. Working alongside Rafaella Ostier, his mission will be to promote the investment solutions developed by the Group to professional clients.
- Human life span has doubled over the last 200 years but expectancy at 70 has barely increased
- Cure ageing, not (only) diseases! – Paradigm shift in the health industry now well underway
- Big data as the game-changer – No end in sight for Tech giants longevity…
- From vinyl records to digital files, a wind of change has blown over the global music industry
- Streaming & concerts have overtaken physical sales – Revenues back to their 2006 peak in the US
- Digitalization has created new opportunities but not all players will top the Billboard charts
- Worth USD 1.3 trillion, the global sport & fitness industry has become a major growth sector today
- Baby-boomers anxious to remain healthy & body image obsessed Millennials are the main drivers
- Digital natives have now taken sports to social media – A new societal phenomenon is born!
- Growing population & scarcer natural resources – Tomorrow’s world biggest challenge!
- Transition from linear to circular now underway – The end of the world as you know it
- Not just good for the ecosystem, but also for the economy & early business adopters
DECALIA Asset Management innovates by launching DECALIA Circular Economy, the first equity investment fund dedicated to the circular economy. After launching DECALIA Millennials and DECALIA Silver Generation, DECALIA continues to develop strategies focusing on changes in consumer trends.