- Excessive animal meat-eating is depleting Earth’s natural resources, beyond being unhealthy
- A more balanced diet, local produce and alternative protein sources are the path forward
- Check out for companies that stand to benefit from this meaty transition
- Navigating global financial markets requires more than a compass, a map, and a sextant
- The transition away from a Goldilocks macro scenario is now stirring up troubled waters
- Staying the course in this new volatility regime warrants more active portfolio management
DECALIA has been shortlisted as one of the finalists in four categories of the 2019 WealthBriefing Swiss Awards:
- External Asset Manager
- Best Asset Management Firm Serving Family Offices and Private Banks
- Fund Manager
- Alternative Fund Manager
Showcasing ‘best of breed’ providers in the global private banking, wealth management and trusted advisor communities, the awards were designed to recognise companies, teams and individuals which the prestigious panel of judges deemed to have ‘demonstrated innovation and excellence during 2018’.
Winners will be announced at a gala awards dinner which will be held in Geneva on 7 February 2019 at the Hotel President Wilson.
DECALIA continues to develop its range of funds with the launch of a merger arbitrage strategy. This strategy aims at generating an attractive absolute performance with low volatility, while remaining uncorrelated with conventional assets. Management of the fund has been entrusted to W Capital, a specialist in this strategy with one of the best track records in the industry. This fund is aimed at qualified investors and is structured in the form of a Luxembourg Reserved Alternative Investment Fund (“RAIF”).
DECALIA Asset Management strengthens its institutional sales team by recruiting Truong-Linh Pham. He joins DECALIA after having spent 14 years with Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management. Working alongside Rafaella Ostier, his mission will be to promote the investment solutions developed by the Group to professional clients.
- Human life span has doubled over the last 200 years but expectancy at 70 has barely increased
- Cure ageing, not (only) diseases! – Paradigm shift in the health industry now well underway
- Big data as the game-changer – No end in sight for Tech giants longevity…
- From vinyl records to digital files, a wind of change has blown over the global music industry
- Streaming & concerts have overtaken physical sales – Revenues back to their 2006 peak in the US
- Digitalization has created new opportunities but not all players will top the Billboard charts
- Worth USD 1.3 trillion, the global sport & fitness industry has become a major growth sector today
- Baby-boomers anxious to remain healthy & body image obsessed Millennials are the main drivers
- Digital natives have now taken sports to social media – A new societal phenomenon is born!
- Growing population & scarcer natural resources – Tomorrow’s world biggest challenge!
- Transition from linear to circular now underway – The end of the world as you know it
- Not just good for the ecosystem, but also for the economy & early business adopters
DECALIA Asset Management innovates by launching DECALIA Circular Economy, the first equity investment fund dedicated to the circular economy. After launching DECALIA Millennials and DECALIA Silver Generation, DECALIA continues to develop strategies focusing on changes in consumer trends.
Warren Buffett once famously said, “The stock market is a device to transfer money from the impatient to the patient”. Long-term investment though, is not for the fainthearted and far from easy. Yet it can be a very rewarding strategy. Undoubtedly, it was for him at least as in more than 50 years – from 1964 to 2017 – he achieved a compounded annual return of +20.9%, well above the market at +9.9%. As a matter of fact, $1’000 USD invested with him in 1964 would have become $24M by 2017.
- This month, 32 nations will be contending for the ultimate football championship trophy in Russia
- Against all sportive odds, our proprietary macro scorings suggest Switzerland could reach the final
- However, as often, Germany offers the best combination of factors and thus should snatch the title
- Unpredictable & stubborn political leaders put (again) the spotlight on geopolitical risk
- More rhetoric than action – History shows that such events have limited impact on markets
- Market noise & revived volatility usually offer buying opportunities for long term investors
Innovation in wealth management is achieved naturally through technological developments, but also by optimising some of the intangible aspects of client relationship. In this respect, private banking could draw some inspiration from the technologies developed by luxury brands, who have become experts in the art of transforming a simple purchase into a total experience.
- The average age of Japanese SMEs owners has increased to 66 from 47 in 1995
- Finding a family successor for ageing business owners has become increasingly difficult
- Huge market opportunities have emerged for “matchmaking” M&A consulting companies
- E-sports have transformed video games into new major spectator sports
- Worldwide online events now attract more viewers than large traditional sporting events
- A huge market opportunity – Raging battle between Traditional & Digital Brands for content
Our partner, Rodolfo De Benedetti, was interviewed on CNN Money Switzerland to share his view on the Italian economic recovery ahead of the elections.
In this article published in Le Temps of 19 February 2018, our CEO Alfredo Piacentini not only explains why banking disintermediation answers the needs of SMEs, but also how it offers new investment opportunities.
DECALIA Asset Management has entrusted Michele Pedroni with the management of DECALIA EUROPEAN CONVICTION, its European equity fund that aims to take advantage of the inefficiencies that exist in European markets. Michele Pedroni is now taking on the role of lead fund manager of the fund, after having fine-tuned its management process for 9 months.